Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Moose Sighting

When I went to let out the chickens and give the cows water, I saw that the horse and cows were not happy. I turned the hose on and started to head down to do the animals when I noticed a moose walking over into the nieghbor's yard! I ran in the house and grabbed my camera. By the time I got outside again, it was about halfway up the nieghbor's front yard but I was still able to get a few pictures. It isn't abnormal to see moose in Maine, but it isn't common for them to walk through our yard.

A bull (male) moose. You can see his antlers starting.
He seems to have made it through the winter okay!

Heading home...
It was really windy so it was hard to get a good picture, but the forsythias are beautiful!
Look how HUGE the rhubarb is! I think we'll have to "put it up" soon :)
We send our love to you Beth!
Lindsey

No comments:

Post a Comment