Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Result of NO Dryer

Doing about 20 loads of laundry a week, these pictures are self explanatory in what happens when the Reynolds don't have a dryer. Although I said I wasn't going to post this, I decided that even though it IS embarrising to have your entire yard covered with drying clothes (that the WHOLE world sees when they drive by), that maybe someone will get a kick out of it!


We have another smaller clothes line hanging next to the driveway, too! Here is a poem I found, however contrary to my feelings on hanging clothes outside:

Ode to the Backyard Clothesline

You'll say I'm "quaintly countrified,"

Old fashioned - as you please.

But I love the sight of fresh, clean laundry

Tossing in the breeze.

To suspend each garment on the line,

Then give the wind full play;

To caress and gently fragrance

In that sweet "outdoorsy" way.

They bask in sunny radiance,

Towels neatly hung in rows;

Snowy linens snapping crisply

Darling dancing baby clothes.

And when at dusk I gather them

I feel extremely blessed

That line-dried and sun kissed cleanliness

Clothe the ones that I love best.

by Juanita M. Vernon

~Lindsey~

1 comment: